The Triangle Chapter of Case Management Society of America (CMSA) is a local non-profit organization that was incorporated in January 1998, and is affiliated with the national CMSA organization. The founding members began with the idea that the Triangle area of North Carolina needed an organization that would benefit the many health care professionals who serve a case management role, and therefore created the affiliation that represents these professionals within a 60-mile radius of Raleigh, North Carolina.
The goals of Triangle Case Management Society of America are to:
- Assist in providing the means by which persons and firms offering services or products within or to the health care case management profession may voluntarily coordinate their efforts to advance the profession in all respects.
- Provide the opportunity for the exchange of experience and opinions through discussion, study and publications.
- Promote the professionalism, science, and recognized scope of the practice of case management.
- Provide a forum and assist in unifying professionals actively engaged in case management.
- Educate its members, health care delivery system, payer communities, and the public in the advancement and improvement of quality care, professionalism, cost/benefit effectiveness, and health benefits of case management.
- Develop and encourage consistent professional standards of performance, competence, service and conduct of professional case managers and those supporting case management.
- Promote the public stature and respect accorded the case management practice while meeting the best interests of the practitioners and the public.
Triangle CMSA organizes two educational programs a year
A two-day Fall Conference held in September/October and a one-day Spring Conference held in March/April. Local and National speakers present the latest information regarding the evolving profession of case management. These conferences provide an opportunity to obtain approximately 6-7 CEU’s per day. Check the conference section for more details. The Triangle chapter of CMSA holds two meetings a year that coincide with the fall and spring conferences.